Are you looking for quality yet affordable training opportunities for your board members and CEO, as part of the ongoing professional development in your team, or to ensure that incoming board members are set-up for success?
Check out the courses below.
Our Policy Governance courses
PG Foundations course
PG Advanced course
PG course for management
PG Refreshers course
Policy Governance Foundation course
Giving you the tools to be successful in the boardroom
This course has six modules covering the basic components of the Policy Governance model. It is for everyone new to Policy Governance and will take approximately 8 hours to complete. Key learning outcomes, you will:
- Clearly understand the purpose and role of the board in the organization.
- Better understand the different roles and relationships between the Board, CEO, staff, customers and stakeholders.
- Know how to oversee every operational aspect of the organization without micro managing.
- Be able to delegate in a way that empowers the CEO.
- Understand the importance of a rigorous and fair monitoring system of organizational performance.
Contact me if you want to make this course part of your new board member application process, combine the course with coaching, or complete it in a group setting.
Policy Governance Advanced course
Mastering governance: becoming a skilled Policy Governance practitioner.
This course goes a level deeper than the Foundations course, and is primarily focused on the implantation of the model. It is for those with a good working knowledge of the Policy Governance model, either through past training, reading Carver’s books and/ or have experience in functioning on a Policy Governance board. The course will take approximately six hours to complete.
Key learning outcomes, you will:
- Better understand the different ways of functioning as a board with its pros and cons.
- Learn practical ways to link with, and represent the diversity of the ownership, and how to use linkage input.
- Know how to ensure board member retention, effective self-evaluation, and facilitate meaningful dialogue.
- Learn about a scenario planning tool and how to make it part of the board’s strategic thinking process.
- Be able to develop Ends and Executive Limitation policies.
- Know what is required to write and assess monitoring reports.
Policy Governance course for management
Providing the clarity you need to develop an effective working relationship with the board.
This online course will help the CEO and senior management understand how the board functions and what is expected of them.
Becoming available November 2022
Policy Governance Refresher course
A quick overview of the core components for those that have had training before.
This course is for those with a good working knowledge of the Policy Governance model, either through past training, reading Carver’s books and/ or have experience in functioning on a Policy Governance board.
Becoming available March 2023